Saturday, April 10, 2010

Globalization is good!

We learned that globalization, free trade, outsourcing, or whatever you want to call it is good....for almost everybody.  Free trade allows countries to exploit their comparative advantage, which benefits the country and provides consumers with cheaper goods.  Globalization helps companies run more efficiently and increases profitability which makes shareholders happy. Everybody wins!...except for the losers like the people who lose their jobs and the companies/countries that don't have a comparative advantage, which is where protectionism comes in!

Breakfast: assorted muffins & breakfast breads, meats & cheeses, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt & granola, fruit. We had the typically breakfast with the exception of having coffee cake and assorted muffins.  They went all out on this one.  The coffee cake and the muffin ended up being too much for me as I didn't finish the muffin.  I know! How can that be!  I shoulda eatin 2 muffins!

Lunch: Dixie's BBQ with pork ribs, chicken, beef brisket, garden salad, potato salad, veggie baked beans, rolls, fruit.  One word: R I B S ! ! !  That's becoming one of my favorite 4 lettered words along with eggs and food  =)   The Dixie's BBQ chicken and beef brisket was good, but I enjoyed the pork ribs the most.  I can't remember how many ribs I ate, but I remember that I had the ITIS all afternoon. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment