Friday, February 19, 2010

First Study Tour Meeting

I believe our first Study Tour meeting was on Feb 19th, but it's not showing up on our student calendar.  Our guest speakers were from another program at the university. I want to say International Business, but I don't think I"m right.  They were nice enough to take time away to come speak to us about Chile and Argentina.  We learned a good deal about their history and culture, which was useful for our trip.  We also got this learning Spanish book/CD, but I never had time to use it. doh

We had a ton of food from cheese, fruit, meats, crackers to empanadas and desserts, and of course, wine.  Everything was good, but I still can't decide if I liked that one dessert. It's the one that looks like tiramisu, but it's not.  It's this marshmallowy, chocolatey and carmelly things with this spicy powder on top.  It had a really odd flavor.  FYI, I never saw this dessert in South America, but the wine, we saw lots of on our trip. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment