Saturday, January 9, 2010

Do not touch the ice cream freezer!





OMG, we were freakin' out during our afternoon break when we saw that the ice cream freezer was missing. "WTF!" was the most popular phrase from what I recall =)  "They first took our Vitamin Water, now ice cream! Come on!"  "Cutting costs by taking the most obvious items away doesn't make any sense!"  I thought a riot was going to break out with pitch forks and torches. Heads were going to roll!  I was going to have to make an ugly post!  Luckily, we came back the following class day to find the ice cream freezer back, fully stocked, and ready for everyone's enjoyment =) phew!

Unfortunately, this was an overall disappointing day for food.  Breakfast: Assorted cereals & milk, hard-boiled eggs, fruit platter, yogurt, toast, rice cakes.  The usual stuff, but maybe I was hoping for more for our first Saturday back.... like more warmer =)  We didn't even get our regular coffee cake! Inconceivable! Haha, I guess it wasn't that bad, just nothing special.

But then our lunch.  Lunch: Chili in bread bowls, garden salad, cornbread, side dish, fruit. Chili was our main entree! WTF, seriously?  Chili isn't a main meal. It's a side item like soup.  I mean I know some people have soup as a meal, but those people are on diets!  The chili wouldn't have been too bad if it wasn't all beans. It wasn't really chili with beans. It was beans with a little bit of chili. Maybe it's cuz I'm from Texas, but I don't think there's supposed to be that many beans in chili. I've had sides of beans with less beans than that chili! And the corn bread wasn't really cornbread-ish and not very tasty either.  Let's just say that I was still hungry after this meal, and that's always a sad situation for me =(

No comments:

Post a Comment